A creative retreat for women filled with an invigorating blend of spiritual and technical and conceptual.
ELAINE FRENETT began her art life as an illustrator, where it was an everyday consideration to marry words and images. To that she adds over 20 years of watermedia experience, 13 years of passionate journaling and 8 years expanding with the “Traveling Converstations” Project with Jean (my tandem teacher) and a third artist professional. Ultimately, arriving here with an exuberance for sharing and teaching the creative life . . . especially in nature’s midst. An award-winning artist who has had illustrations published nationally, had fine art added to museum collections, she teaches private classes and retreats.
During the “Art Discoveries” Women’s Retreat 2015, Elaine will guide you in:
- Cultivating intuition
- Representing abstract essence through word and media (yes, even 3-dimensional)
- Nurturing the “individual story” in each of us
- Finding your uniqueness in the midst of collaboration
JEAN WARREN has a love for painting outdoors in watercolor that springs from all the places she has lived and traveled. This ‘sense of place’ is an important touchstone in her work. Through painting and journaling nature’s rhythms and connections she believes we discover ways to express how we fit-in to the world around us. Jean teaches workshops and classes and holds signature membership in the National Watercolor Society. Her work is included in private, public and corporate collections.
During the Alpine Women’s Journaling Retreat 2015, Jean will guide you in:
- Discovering content & your art philosophy
- Abstracting the inherent qualities of the landscape
- Getting in touch with your intuition, meditation and drawing
- Describing the indescribable