This workshop came about in the most serendipitous way and will continue to be magical in content. I “stumbled” across elinor (yes, there’s a reason her name is in lower case – just ask her) and we’ve now designed this fascinating, dynamic three-day workshop. Both professionals, Elaine Frenett and elinor peace bailey (doll designer and journaler extrodinaire: http://www.epbdolls.net/), will provide a tumble of techniques and diverse exposure to ways of expressing in your visual art journals. Entire workshop will be meeting at elinor’s studio, which will limit participants to only ten (10). You will be a unique and privileged group.
- July 11th, will be our “Preview Night” with a visual feast of journals and chatter about media, processes and maybe there will be cookies (if you are good).
- July 12th, 9 – 4pm ~ elinor will lead an on-foot scavenger hunt at fabric, collectables and recycle stores for texture, text, still life, collage materials. Then, we’ll return to the studio for juicy journal creating.
- July 13th, 9-4pm ~ Elaine will lead, on site at a breath-taking spot on the Columbia River Gorge (yes, we’ll all be driven there), several plein air processes in our journals.
- July 14th, 9-4pm ~ This will be a half day with first Elaine, demo-ing a material for you to use adding a new three-dimensional aspect to your journals, and after lunch, elinor offering another imaginative process and tieing together the entire workshop.
- Full Three Day Workshop, with lunches provided, $150
- For ages (but you must bring your “child-within”)
- Lodging info will be the responsibility of the participants. elinor will furnish contacts for suggested hotels nearby for your convenience.