Alpine Women’s Journaling Retreat (September 2012)
A guided exploration for wonder-filled women.
In a safe, harmonious and loving atmosphere our intention is to cultivate and steward awareness and creativity through play, expression and spiritual connection.
To explore how images and words and spirit intersect within the pages and process of journaling.
John Muir … “Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.”
For spirited women who feel invigorated in the rustic beauty of a mountain setting!
Limited to 10 participants (including two instructors), and is all inclusive of lodging, meals and workshops.
- Held at the Lake Alpine Resort in Bear Valley, California. Map of location: http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Lake%20Alpine&state=CA
- Begins Sunday evening (September 9, 2012)
- Ends Friday afternoon (September 14, 2012)
- Everyday (six days) includes programs in Visual Art Journaling.
- There are two instructors for the full program time (Elaine Frenett and Jean Warren)
- Location is at the wonderful Lake Alpine Resort.
- The cabins include full kitchen & bathroom facilities, plus a sunny deck with a sparkling lake view.
- Our playful gathering is held in two rustic, spacious and fully stocked cabins, loving named the Ponderosa and Sequoia.
- In keeping with our back-to-camp playfulness (yes, there will be smores), the sleeping arrangements are bunkhouse style (e.g., shared rooms where each person has their own bed). We love how this fits in with the spirit of the retreat. Yet at the same time there are two private rooms available too.
- Meals are included. Mostly we dine at our cabins. This begins with light breakfast faire accompanied by tea, coffee and juice, and later we partake of a relaxed and refreshing lunch. Evening meals will find us embracing our Culinary Coordinator’s creativity – perhaps on our private deck.
- Participants with special menu needs are welcome to bring along their preferences. With two fully equipped kitchens you can attend to your personal pleasure too.
- Amidst the formal instruction and programs you have ample time for hiking and private reflection.
- One day we will focus on getting out to a beautiful destination. To immerse ourselves in the joy of the outdoors, and to sketch.
- This all inclusive retreat is $1,750.00, which includes lodging, food, activities, and instruction.
- If you want to upgrade to a private room add $600.00. You can keep as private, or share with a friend of your choice.
- In addition to you personal items, bring your favorite paint brushes and a blank journal. If you have questions about materials, please call or write.
As the air is autumn crisp, leaves begin to turn golden and thoughts turn to introspection, come breathe creativity into your personal journaling.
Add 2 Free Nights!
The Alpine Women’s Journaling Retreat with lodging, meals and workshops is a wonderful value at $300.00 per day.
Yet, sign up now and with the added bonus of two free nights your retreat is only $219.00 per day.
Staying two more days makes a perfect stay. These two free days are a great way to practice what you’ve learned, to get out and explore, and to savor the friendships made.
If you like the idea of lingering until Sunday (instead of leaving around noon Friday), then sign up today to reserve your space by calling Elaine at: 541-944-2196.