A “kick start” series for newcomers, we will work mainly from photos and still life; though one class (weather permitting) will be set aside for Plein Air experience. The focus is on exploring basic watercolor techniques, revisiting value/volume, color theory and improving illustrative skills by giving attention to creating surface textures. Come play with and learn the “oohs” and “ahhs” of watercolor! Class geared to journaling work but applicable to studio/fine art painting, suggest some basic watercolor experience for participants.
- DATES — Wednesdays, May 11, May 18, and May 25, 2011
- TIME — 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- WHERE — Ashland Art Center’s Main Classroom
- ADDRESS — 357 E. Main Street, Ashland, OR
- FEE — $110.00 (due by May 4 )
- MATERIALS — provided upon registration
- Ashland Art Center, 357 E. Main Street, Ashland, OR
- In person with Elaine at Studio 13, upstairs
- Or write email@example.com
- Or call Elaine at 541-944-2196.