Alpine Art Retreat
A guided exploration for wonder-filled women.
Following last years “full to over-flowing” attendance, we have re-shaped our intentions. Jean and I would like to direct our energies to more quiet moments allowing more personal discovery. With that purpose in mind, we have limited retreat participation to just eight (including two instructors), and is all inclusive of lodging, meals and workshops. With this experience, unique in its quiet reflection and playful interaction…you will discover how to combine eyes and mind with heart!
To explore how images and words and spirit stir together within us as creatives and take time to understand and direct those urges.
In this cradle of deep connecting, inquisitive women, nature’s still wonder, and expanded self-awareness, you will explore journaling and how it relates to the art of watercolor.
For a select number of curious women who feel invigorated in the rustic beauty of a mountain setting!
Each year our format is reinvented to inspire both leaders and participants. This intimate venue encourages individual introspection and shared connection while nature’s quiet insists upon acknowledgement and wonder.
- Held at the Lake Alpine Resort in Bear Valley, California. Map of location: http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Lake%20Alpine&state=CA
- Begins Tuesday evening (August 22, 2017)
- Ends Sunday afternoon (August 27, 2017)
- Everyday (six days) includes programs in painting, journaling and writing – all
processes of discovery.
- There are two instructors for the full program time (Elaine Frenett and Jean Warren)
- Location is at the wonderful Lake Alpine Resort.
- The cabins include full kitchen & bathroom facilities, plus a sunny deck with a sparkling lake view.
- Our playful gathering is held in two rustic, spacious and fully stocked cabins, lovingly named the “Ponderosa” and “Sequoia”.
- In keeping with our back-to-camp playfulness (yes, there could be smores), the
sleeping arrangements are bunkhouse style (e.g., shared rooms where each person has their own bed). We love how this fits in with the spirit of the retreat. Yet at the same time there are two private rooms available too. All share bathroom.
- Meals are included. We may dine at our cabin or at the Resort dining area or deck. We’ll begin with light breakfast faire accompanied by tea, coffee and juice, and later we partake of a relaxed and refreshing lunch. Evening meals will find us embracing our
chef’s creativity – perhaps on our private deck.
- Participants with special menu needs are welcome to bring along their preferences. We make every effort to accommodate special diets, within resources. With two fully equipped kitchens you can attend to your personal pleasure too.
- Amidst the formal instruction and programs you have ample time for hiking and private reflection.
- One day we will hike or travel to a new sketching destination. Immersing ourselves in the wonder of the outdoors and fresh territory.
- This all inclusive retreat is $1,750.00 for shared rooms, which includes lodging, food, activities, and instruction.
- If you want to upgrade to a private room (shared bath), add $600.00. You can keep
private as you like.
- In addition to your personal items, bring your favorite paint brushes, paint and
stretched or mounted water media paper, canvas and/or your journal/sketchbook. If you have questions about materials, please call or write.
The days are summer warmed, while cooling evenings are cozy and thoughts turn to introspection.
Add 2 Free Nights!
Sign up by June 15, 2017 (as space remains, remember there are only 6 slots) and will be treated to 2 nights added for free.
The Alpine Art Women’s Retreat with lodging, meals and workshops is a wonderful value at $300.00 per day.
Yet, sign up now and with the added bonus of two free nights your retreat is only $219.00 per day.
Staying two more days makes a perfect stay. These two free days are a great way to practice what you’ve learned, to get out and explore, and to savor the friendships made. Here is how one of our creatives explored our free day at Mosquito Lake, near Ebbets Pass.
Just imagine, a full five days of workshops and then the treat of two more joyful days of exploration.
If you like the idea of lingering until Tuesday (instead of leaving around noon Sunday), then sign up today to reserve your space by calling Elaine at: 541-944-2196.